Acalanes Performing Arts Booster Board is looking for volunteers to serve as board members for 2017-2018 school year!
The board needs volunteers to shadow current parents for President, Secretary and Treasurer roles.
Please contact President, Mary Burrill, at email@example.com if interested.
This board enables Acalanes High School out-of-classroom performing arts experiences such as the spring musical, school plays, concerts and clinics! The board works in partnership with LPIE to support the performing arts teachers for Choral, Drama and Instrumental Music.
The overall commitment includes:
- Attending ~5 meetings during school year with teachers and LPIE
- Performing non-profit functions such as managing yearly donations, submitting yearly tax returns, printing yearly brochures, etc
- Attending Dons Days to communicate with parents about the arts program
- Overseeing financial processes per non-profit requirements such as managing bank accounts, budgeting and actual spending
- Facilitates ~5 board meetings per year plus smaller board meetings to prepare for special events (ie Dons Day)
- Ensures non-profit requirements are met per by-laws including overseeing board meetings, submitting tax returns, recording of minutes/financial reports, adhering to budgeting cycles
- Acts as point of contact for communication with School Administration and LPIE
- Plans and facilitates execution of yearly goals
- Acts as overall administrator for bank accounts and ensure segregation of duties for check signers
- Files yearly government paperwork required for non-profit status
- Records and publishes board meeting minutes
- Handles correspondence received at local PO Box
- Assists in setup of yearly bank account signers
- Writes thank you response for larger donations and contributions
- Acts as administrator of General bank account
- Oversees bank accounts of sub-boards and enforce internal controls
- Proposes and manage yearly general fund budget
- Writes checks for common expenses
- Deposits donations from Dons Days and throughout year
Acalanes Choral Department Presents – Winter Wind, Winter Moon
Students are free, Seniors are $5 and Adults are $10. Click here to purchase tickets. We now have reserved seating so all attendees must select seats through the above
ticket link including students.
Tuesday, December 13th at 7pm
- Chorale, Concert Choir
- special guests The Devil Mountain Chorus
- Women’s Octet, Harmonix, and the Innuendos
Thursday, December 15th at 7pm
- Chorale, Women’s Ensemble, Bella Voce
- special guests Nothing But Treble and 2Pitchy4U
- Women’s Octet, Harmonix, and the Innuendos
Freshman, sophomores and juniors as well as incoming 8th graders in the instrumental music program are encouraged to join us for an exciting musical tour of Europe. The tour will be visiting Munich, Salzburg and Vienna over nine days in June of 2018. Please read the details about this amazing opportunity here!
If a student and/or adult chaperone want spots held for them, they must turn in the TOUR SIGN UP FORM (completely filled out), and a deposit for $100 per participant made out to WORLD PROJECTS. The deposit holds your spot and shows that you are serious about the trip. Please note that the deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
The Acalanes instrument music department will present three fantastic concerts in December! All performances will be in Performing Arts Center at 7pm
Tuesday, December 6th
- Concert Band
- Symphonic Band
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble
Wednesday, December 7th
- String Orchestra
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble
Thursday, December 8th
- Acalanes Jazz Ensemble
- Albany High School Jazz Band
- San Ramon Valley High School Jazz Band
When a factory of spirited watch-face painters is slowly overtaken with deadly illnesses, the painful truth is exposed. Angry for blindly trusting in their deceitful employer, Grace fights to have her fellow workers’ quieted voices heard. Filled with radiant paint, social justice, corporate intrigue and Madame Curie, the Acalanes DramaDons are proud to present this powerful and inspiring performance of Radium Girls. Based on the true story of the employees of the U.S. Radium Corporation and the landmark case that would influence change for workers’ rights. Directed by AHS Drama Teacher, Ed Meehan.
Experience the intrigue November 2, 3, 4, and 5, at 7:00pm in the AHS Performing Arts Center little theater. Doors open at 6:30pm. Tickets available during lunch at Acalanes High School and online through the web store. Limited ticket sales available day of the show. Adults $12. Students and Seniors $7. All proceeds go to the Drama Discipline of Acalanes Performing Arts Boosters.
The Acalanes Performing Arts Boosters will meet on Wednesday, September 7th in the Choral Room at 7pm. This is a great opportunity to support the fantastic instrumental, choral and drama programs at Acalanes with your time and energy!
The Acalanes DramaDons proudly present Macbeth April 27, 28, 29 and 30 at 7pm in the Performing Arts Center little theater. Shakespeare’s Macbeth is a swift and relentless tragedy which uncovers the terrifying consequences of blind ambition. Set in medieval Scotland, a dark prophecy leads a warrior and his wife past the point of no return, in a world of ghosts, witches and battlefields. Shakespeare’s great story telling, compelling characters, catchy phrasing and illumination of the human experience all come to light in this production, directed by Ed Meehan, Acalanes’ drama teacher. Tickets are available in April during lunch at Acalanes High School and online from the web store.
Limited ticket sales available day of the show. Doors open at 6.30pm. Adults $12, Students and Seniors $7. Mark your calendar for a dramatic and suspenseful production performed by the talented Acalanes DramaDons, April 27,28, 29 and 30th at 7pm.
Please join the Performing Arts Department as we present The Drowsy Chaperone on March 3, 4 at 7pm and March 5 at 7:30pm in the Performing Arts Center.
The Drowsy Chaperone by Lisa Lambert and Greg Morrison is a farcical play within a comedy. The “Man in the Chair” is your guide as you navigate his favorite musical from the 20’s, The Drowsy Chaperone. The tale is one of slapstick comedy, improbable situations, a wedding that may or not may not happen, all strung together with snappy, upbeat 20’s influenced song and dance.
This annual production is a collaboration of Drama, Instrumental and Choral students who put together a Broadway musical every year.
These performances always sell out, so get your tickets early! Tickets are $18 for Adults and $16 for Students and Seniors (60 and older)
Tickets can be picked up at AHS in front of the Attendance Office on days when lunchtime ticket sales occur (Feb. 18, 22, 24, 26, 29 and Mar. 1-4) and also on the AHS Webstore. Tickets may be picked up any day tickets are being sold or at the door on the night of any performance. Note that any tickets not claimed by 6:40pm on 3/3,4 and 7:10pm on 3/5 will be released for sale.
Please plan on arriving early, as the House will be at capacity.
The Acalanes Instrumental Music Program will be presenting their Winter Concerts:
- Tue, 12/8/2015 – Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble
- Wed, 12/9/2015 – Orchestra, Wind Ensemble
- Thu, 12/10/2015 – Jazz Ensemble with guest
All performances begin 7:00 pm and will be at the Acalanes Performing Arts Center. A reception follows the performance in the Theater Lobby. Admission is free but donations are accepted and appreciated.
The Acalanes Performing Arts Boosters will meet on Wednesday, December 2nd in the Choral Room. This is a great opportunity to support the fantastic instrumental, choral and drama programs at Acalanes with your time and energy!